Dr. Pitzer treats all ages with all lower extremity problems and specializes in podiatry. Her main office is open during the weekdays and also on Saturdays. She is originally from Goldsboro, NC and is well trained in the latest treatments for lower extremity diseases and problems. When not working, she loves to spend time with her husband and 2 children.
Self-Reported Areas of Interest
- Lower Extremity Trauma
- Foot / Ankle Fractures
- Diabetic Wounds
- Sports Injuries
- Diabetic Foot Checks
- Skin Conditions of the Feet
- Ingrown Toenails
- Heel Pain
- Corrective Surgery for Feet and Ankles
- Wound Care
- Des Moines University - College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery in Des Moines, IA, 2005
- 3 Year Podiatric Surgical Residency
St. John North Shores Hospital in Harrison Township, MI, 2008
- Dr. Pitzer was named Affiliate Assistant Professor at East Carolina University in June 2009 with the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. She is involved in educating the residents at Pitt County Memorial Hospital about lower extremity problems.
She is a mentor for the American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine and is a member of the North Carolina Foot and Ankle Society and American Podiatric Medical Association.