Dr. Martin's goal is to provide care through a patient centered approach with compassion and focusing on quality of life. He is genuinely interested in his patients, their families and improving their quality of health. As a surgeon, he has made it a priority to maintain his skills at the highest level to provide his patients with the most progressive care possible. He enjoys treating a wide range of orthopaedic problems but has a special interest in advanced arthroscopic surgery, sports medicine, knee and shoulder problems.
Self-Reported Areas of Interest
- Arthroscopic Knee & Shoulder Surgery
- Knee, Hip & Shoulder Replacement Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, 1982
- National Naval Medical Center,
- National Naval Medical Center, 1988
- Dr. Martin is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. In addition to performing joint replacements at Heritage Hospital, Dr. Martin also serves as sports team physician for Edgecombe County high schools and is a captain in the Medical Corps in the U.S. Naval Reserve.