Rely on our expert medical support plus healthy doses of encouragement to help recover from major cardiac events.
If you are recovering from a heart attack or recent surgery, or learning to live with heart or lung disease, the road ahead may seem challenging. You may feel anxious about your health and concerned about how to manage your life and get back to doing the things you love.
Designed to get you moving.
Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation will help create your path forward. You will gain a better understanding of your condition and what you can do to optimize your health. You’ll learn how to cope with your diagnosis, lower your risk of future issues, and return to an active, productive life.
Your rehab team includes respiratory therapists, registered nurses, exercise professionals, dietitians and a medical director. The program gives you the chance to interact with others who share similar journeys. We will communicate your progress with your doctors as well. Most insurance companies will cover most, if not all, of our services.
Our programs focus on these keys to a healthy heart and lungs:
- Exercise — a customized exercise plan, including guidelines for exercising at home and after completing the program
- Nutrition — a well-balanced diet, weight management and nutrition assessments
- Behavior Modification — managing risk factors like smoking, high blood pressure, elevated cholesterol, diabetes and stress
One of our main goals is to prepare and equip you to continue physical activity and healthy lifestyle changes after completing our rehabilitation programs.
Cardiovascular rehab can help you control symptoms such as chest pain or shortness of breath, and it can stop or reverse damage to blood vessels. It focuses on improving your stamina and strength and getting back to your usual activities. The goal is to help you live longer and avoid complications going forward. You can find Vidant Health cardiovascular rehab programs in Edenton, Greenville, Nags Head, Tarboro and Washington.
You may benefit from cardiovascular rehab if you have recently experienced:
- Heart attack or acute coronary syndrome
- Artherosclerosis or coronary artery disease
- Cardiomyopathy or congestive heart failure
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Angioplasty or stents or percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)
- Catheterization or coronary artherectomy device
- Bypass surgery
- Valve replacement or repair or transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR).
Pulmonary rehab may help reduce and control breathing difficulties and other symptoms of lung disease. We strive to help you achieve your highest level of independence and physical ability. Vidant Health offers pulmonary rehab programs in Edenton, Greenville, Tarboro and Washington.
Services benefit those who have lung conditions such as:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Pulmonary hypertension