Making Connections: Physician Outreach
The Physician Outreach team facilitates mutually beneficial relationships between referring community physicians and specialist physicians across eastern North Carolina. The team ensures timely communication and collaboration when a referring physician entrusts a patient to the Vidant Health system of care. Each team member is an extension of hospital, service line and physician leadership to offer easy access to all clinical services and advocates for your needs.
Our goal is to build meaningful relationships with referring physicians by understanding your needs and addressing concerns. We are your personal connection to collaborative relationships with specialty physicians and services.
This one-stop-shop service makes it easy for referring physician offices to submit referral requests. Access our growing network of specialists, including Vidant Medical Group and private practice physician in our network dedicated to facilitating expedited access to quality care for the patients you serve. We can assist in guiding patient referrals to the appropriate specialty services across the Vidant network of care.
Service benefits include:
- One universal referral form, sent via fax to 252-847-3337 or direct message to [email protected]
- Easy access to the status of submitted referrals via Vidant CareLink, or by calling 252‐847‐0097
- Consistent follow-up and communication to referring physicians offices from our referral specialists until the referral is scheduled or closed
- Communication with patient regarding appointment details
Programs and Communications
Our services will also provide you with these benefits.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs
- Routine visits from Vidant’s outreach team
- Personal introduction to specialists, at your convenience, in your office or virtually
- Connection to a clinically integrated network of providers, at Vidant Integrated Care (VIC)