Making Connections: Physician Outreach
The Physician Outreach team facilitates mutually beneficial relationships between referring community physicians and specialist physicians across eastern North Carolina. The team ensures timely communication and collaboration when a referring physician entrusts a patient to the Vidant Health system of care. Each team member is an extension of hospital, service line and physician leadership to offer easy access to all clinical services and advocates for your needs.
Our goal is to build meaningful relationships with referring physicians by understanding your needs and addressing concerns. We are your personal connection to collaborative relationships with specialty physicians and services.
This one-stop-shop service makes it easy for referring physician offices to submit referral requests. Access our growing network of specialists, including Vidant Medical Group, ECU Physicians and private practice physician in our network dedicated to facilitating expedited access to quality care for the patients you serve. We can assist in guiding patient referrals to the appropriate specialty services across the Vidant network of care.
Service benefits include:
- One universal referral form, sent via fax to 252-847-3337 or direct message to [email protected]
- One place for all referrals
- Easy access to the status of submitted referrals via Vidant CareLink, or by calling 252‐847‐0097
- Consistent follow-up from our specialists, advocating for referring physician office until your referral is scheduled or closed
- Patient communications with all appointment details
- Prompt communication to referring physician offices once patient appointments are scheduled
Vidant CareLink: Access your patient records through Vidant Health’s view-only electronic health record.
Forgot your password? To reset your password from the CareLink log in page, please follow the instructions here.
Direct Messaging: Send or receive patient records via [email protected].
Programs and Communications
Our services will also provide you with these benefits.
- Continuing education (CME) programs
- Routine visits from your outreach team
- Personal introduction to specialists, at your convenience, in your office or virtually
- Connection to Vidant Integrated Care (VIC), our clinically integrated network of providers, at vidantintegratedcare.org/index.html