Your insights will enhance our services.
We strive to constantly improve. To help make that happen, we turn to those most affected by the way we work — patients and families. Your perspectives are as valuable to patient care as our clinical team’s training and experience.
Vidant Health embraces patient- and family-centered care and is committed to including patients and families in key decisions affecting not only an individual’s care but also policies, procedures, training and the entire culture of our health care system.
Specially trained patient-family advisors work across our system of care, volunteering time and sharing insights to help improve the patient experience, ensure effective communications, and inform decision-making. Patient-family advisors are consulted on building design and renovations, patient education materials, patient care processes, and more, making a difference that impacts all Vidant entities.
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Support our mission.
- Actively participate in improving care for all patients and families.
- Listen to different opinions and share ideas and viewpoints.
- Advocate for and listen to other patients, families, staff and community members.
- Support positive relationships with our health system and members of the community.
Become a Patient-Family Advisor
Interested patients/family members should email the Vidant Health Office of Experience at [email protected], or call 252-847-6025. Your completed application will help us understand your interests and readiness to participate. A leadership representative and/or current advisor will interview you, and all new advisors will complete an orientation program.