The Outpatient Pediatric Rehabilitation Program provides a family-centered approach to care that is developmentally appropriate for each child. We provide an interdisciplinary team which includes physical, occupational and speech therapy for children with a variety of diagnoses, from birth to 18 years of age. Other services available include family counseling, case management and recreational therapy. Our staff has over 100 years of combined experience and each member is licensed or nationally board certified with pediatric specific training. Continuing education courses are attended regularly in order to provide the most current, evidence-based therapy. All therapies are conveniently located in one location to meet the needs of our patients and their families.
We provide services for a variety of diagnoses including:
- Delays in the development of gross motor, fine motor and speech-language skills
- Neuromuscular or neurological problems
- Swallowing/feeding difficulties
- Hearing impairment and Cochlear Implant
- Sensory processing disorders
For your child's first visit please arrive 30 minutes before the appointment.
- Bring photo identification
- Bring health insurance information
- Bring all of the medications (prescription and over-the-counter) that you are taking
- Bring any braces, splints and assistive devices such as cane or walker that you may be using
- Wear comfortable clothing
The therapists will assess your child’s current functional status, ask about your goals for therapy, and establish a treatment plan with you and your child. We will work with you to provide the most convenient appointment times possible, and you will also be given a printed schedule with future visits listed.
Office hours are 7:30am - 5:30 pm, Monday-Friday. Free wireless internet is available; insurance billing; flexible schedule.
Please call Outpatient Rehabilitation Program at 252-847-6603, option #2, or toll free at 1-866-896-0653 if you are not able to make any scheduled appointments.
- 96 percent of our patients indicated overall satisfaction with their therapy services
- 94 percent of our patients make significant progress toward their therapy goals
- 87 percent of our patients maintain the same skill level 60 days after discharge from therapy
The difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is how you use them.