To make sure your surgery goes smoothly, follow these directions:
- No eating or drinking after midnight. This includes gum, mints and candy.
- Take two baths using the special liquid soap provided by the Patient Testing Center or doctor’s office—one bath should be the evening before your surgery and the other one should be the morning of your surgery. Do not use this soap on your face or private areas.
- Leave all personal belongings at home. This includes jewelry, cell phones, bank cards and excess cash.
- Do not take any medicines the day of your surgery, unless directed to by your nurse or physician. If you are told to take any medication, please do so with only a sip of water.
- Do not wear any make-up or fingernail polish.
- Do not wear deodorant, lotions or hair products.
- Do not wear anything metal, including hair pins or piercings.
- You may brush your teeth, but try not to swallow any water.