We need your help!
Thank you to everyone who has applied to help us vaccinate eastern North Carolina. The response has been overwhelming! We appreciate your patience as we process all submissions and forms.
We are currently accepting applications for community volunteers and Vidant Health credentialed providers. Details are below.
If you have submitted your forms and are waiting for next steps, please do not resubmit your information or report to the Greenville Convention Center until you have received confirmation from Vidant’s vaccine staffing team via email and have signed up for an assigned shift in the WhenToWork application.
- Five- or ten-hour shifts*
- Openings seven days a week*
- Roles and associated responsibilities are listed below
- Those working the vaccination site are eligible to receive the vaccine after they have completed three five-hour shifts
*Subject to change based on vaccination site’s schedule and availability of vaccine.
Interested? Here are your next steps.
If you are considering or requesting to provide professional volunteer services at the vaccination site – whether you are a community volunteer or a Vidant Health credentialed provider – you must fill out the application fields below and then complete the Professional and General Liability Coverage for Volunteer Activities form and submit the completed form via the Submission link. You must complete all application fields in order to submit your application.
Vidant Health will use the Liability Form to evaluate whether professional liability coverage will be provided for the services.
If you are not a Vidant Health credentialed provider, please self-select yourself as a community volunteer within the application below. After you have completed the application fields below and submitted your completed Liability Form, your information will be processed for eligibility and next steps.
*If you are a clinician, but not credentialed with Vidant Health please mark “community volunteer” — NOT a credentialed provider.
If you have submitted your forms and are awaiting next steps, please do not resubmit your information or report to the Greenville Convention Center. You can be assured we have received your information. As additional contract workers are needed, you will receive a notice from Vidant’s vaccine staffing team via email with instructions on signing-up for a shift from our WhenToWork software application. However, we will only release received applications into this process as additional contract workers are needed.
Vidant Health Credentialed Provider (Physician/APP)*
Please complete the fields below, including your P# and then submit your completed Liability Form. After the application fields below are submitted with the completed Liability Form, a Vidant Health team member will reach out as soon as possible for next steps.
*Vidant Medical Group (employed) providers must use the team member process (located on MyVidant) and include their E# and their Vidant Health email address to help expedite the process.
Vaccination Site Volunteer Application
Please complete the fields below whether you are a community volunteer
or Vidant Health credentialed provider.
Please do not add any credentials or medical training next to your name.
Use the drop-down menu to select any relevant credentials.
Thank you for your interest and supporting the health and healing of eastern North Carolina!
Credential Requirements or Skill Sets*
RNs, MDs, ARNPs, PAs, Pharmacists, Pharmacy Techs, Certified Medical Assistants, Medical Students, Nursing Students (at specific levels of training), EMTs
*with approved and current training
- Review all appropriate clinical information with patient
- Administer vaccine
- Document vaccination encounter in EPIC
- Direct patient to observation area after administering vaccine
- Perform necessary sanitizing after each patient
- Comfortable using a computer
- Bilingual registration staff needed
- Complete check-in process in EHR
- Provide vaccination card
- Schedule 2nd dose appointments if needed
- Comfortable using a computer
- Document vaccination information into CVMS website
Parking Lot Traffic Control, Patient Screening
Comfortable standing throughout shift; many positions primarily outside, including in cold and/or rain (some areas tented)
- Assist with outside traffic navigation
- Verify patient appointments
- Patient temperature screening, provide masks & ask screening questions
- Assist with wheelchairs as needed
- Assist with clinic entry & exit, as needed
- Sanitize common surfaces
Comfortable standing throughout shift
- Greet patients upon arrival into clinic
- Direct to Check-in
- Sanitize common/high-touch surfaces
Navigation & Observation
- Assist patients with navigating check-in to vaccine, and vaccine to observation stations
- Monitor patients for 15 minutes in observation areas
- Keep all surfaces sanitized as needed
- Provide information packets